The Crucial Sunscreen Step You’re Probably Skipping
Picture perfect days call for outdoor time. Time to slap on the sunscreen!
Prevention is easy when you have the proper protection. Before you buy your sun-blocking balm, consider the following tips:
° Supercharge the SPF
In order to be effective, a sunscreen must contain an SPF of 15 or higher. But what does that mean? If you normally burn in 10 minutes, SPF 15 multiplies that by 15, meaning you could go 150 minutes before burning.
° Broaden the spectrum
SPF blocks only one type of cancer-causing ray: ultraviolet B (UVB). That’s why it’s important to look for a broad-spectrum lip balm. Multi-spectrum products provide protection against both UVB and UVA rays.
° Know your lips
Some lip balms have unpleasant scents or textures. Choose a product you’re more likely to wear. Do your research to find a salve that suits (and soothes) your smile. Not all skin types are created equal, and lips are no exception. Are your lips perpetually dry? Do you spend a lot of time outdoors? There’s a sun-protecting salve for every lip lifestyle. Find the right sun protection for you.
Remember – re-apply every few hours to kiss sun damage goodbye.
2014 is coming to a close – we’re only a few short days away from the New … Read More
Family, fellowship, and food are just a few of the reasons why we love Thanksgiving. When the … Read More
Picking the perfect Halloween costume for your kids can be a struggle. Do you want them to … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes