Strategies for a Speedy Smile Routine
Chef. Chauffer. Teacher. Event Coordinator. Financial Planner. Personal Shopper.
What if we told you approximately 66% of Americans juggle all six of these jobs? Would you believe these individuals make a $0 per year salary? It’s true, and you might even be one of them.
So, who are these remarkable, multi-tasking people?
Moms and dads will do just about anything to ensure healthy, happy children. But with the constant appointments, practices, and crazy schedules, it’s hard to keep everything (and everyone) in line.
While it’s fine to rush out the door and forget to grab your cell phone or brush your hair, you should never leave the house without brushing your teeth. Tooth decay is nearly 100% preventable, which means healthy smiles for the whole family are possible.
When we get busy, we tend to be less organized. Here are some tips to ensure a smoother routine and a smile-filled family:
Repetition makes routine.
Make your brushing behaviors second-nature. Do everything in the same order. Wake-up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, BRUSH. Regardless of which order works for you, enjoy meals before you get your brush on.
Use a timesaving toothbrush.
Electric toothbrushes can be a time-saver for the whole family. They’re a great choice for kids that have a hard time reaching all parts of their mouths. Many power brushes feature timers, so you get the best brush in the recommended two minutes. Do you or a family member get bored easily? Try a musical toothbrush.
Do it together.
Make brushing and flossing a family affair! If you can’t do it together everyday, keep kids accountable with a brushing and flossing chart.
Do you have any tips for establishing a routine? Share them in the comments below!
Tooth decay is an epidemic among children living in low-income households, due to a lack of accessible … Read More
Studies show up to 50% of adults habitually bite their nails. Nail nibbling is one of many … Read More
Open enrollment. It’s the term buzzing around your HR department this time of year. But what does … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 6 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 8 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 9 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 10 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes