Strategies for a Speedy Smile Routine
Chef. Chauffer. Teacher. Event Coordinator. Financial Planner. Personal Shopper.
What if we told you approximately 66% of Americans juggle all six of these jobs? Would you believe these individuals make a $0 per year salary? It’s true, and you might even be one of them.
So, who are these remarkable, multi-tasking people?
Moms and dads will do just about anything to ensure healthy, happy children. But with the constant appointments, practices, and crazy schedules, it’s hard to keep everything (and everyone) in line.
While it’s fine to rush out the door and forget to grab your cell phone or brush your hair, you should never leave the house without brushing your teeth. Tooth decay is nearly 100% preventable, which means healthy smiles for the whole family are possible.
When we get busy, we tend to be less organized. Here are some tips to ensure a smoother routine and a smile-filled family:
Repetition makes routine.
Make your brushing behaviors second-nature. Do everything in the same order. Wake-up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, BRUSH. Regardless of which order works for you, enjoy meals before you get your brush on.
Use a timesaving toothbrush.
Electric toothbrushes can be a time-saver for the whole family. They’re a great choice for kids that have a hard time reaching all parts of their mouths. Many power brushes feature timers, so you get the best brush in the recommended two minutes. Do you or a family member get bored easily? Try a musical toothbrush.
Do it together.
Make brushing and flossing a family affair! If you can’t do it together everyday, keep kids accountable with a brushing and flossing chart.
Do you have any tips for establishing a routine? Share them in the comments below!
Considering a career as a dental hygienist? As one of the fastest-growing jobs in America, there are … Read More
Many parents have questions when it comes to the need for braces and orthodontic care for their … Read More
Like it or not, winter is here for another month or two. Let’s make the most of … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 2 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 3 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 4 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 5 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 6 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 7 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 8 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 9 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 10 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes