Oral and Overall Health: A slam dunk
Delta Dental of Wisconsin is a proud sponsor of the 2015 WIAA State Basketball Tournament.
The Girls State Basketball tournament kicks off March 12-14 at Green Bay’s Resch Center, and the Boys State Basketball tournament is March 19-20 at Madison’s Kohl Center. These tournaments are the culmination of a season of hard work and intense physical activity.
Did you know that oral and overall health are closely linked? Increase your physical activity to improve your smile. Your body’s systems work as a team. Athletes who maintain a healthy weight and exercise on a regular basis are less likely to develop gum disease.
4 tips to keep your oral health and fitness game in winning condition:
1. Set realistic weekly workout goals. Keep a chart to track your progress, and reward yourself for reaching your fitness goals.
2. Hit the gym with a fitness buddy. A partner is also great for talking you out of that donut. Encourage one another to take classes at the gym or go for a de-stressing walk .
3. Control your inner cookie monster. If unhealthy foods aren’t around, you’re less likely to indulge in sweets. Replace junk food with healthy fruits and veggies that are tooth-friendly (and delicious).
4. Combine fitness and your toothbrush routine. While brushing, dance or do a 2-minute wall-sit.
Small steps can have a big impact on your oral and overall health. Work these changes into your day to live a healthier life, and make sure to cheer on all your favorite athletes at the 2015 State Basketball Championship!
Getting to the dentist can be hard enough. From taking time off of work to scheduling follow-up … Read More
Healthcare coverage enhances employee morale. Coverage is important, but your employees want options too. Network size impacts … Read More
We know gardening is great for your mind, body and soul, but did you know it can … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments