Oral and Overall Health: A slam dunk
Delta Dental of Wisconsin is a proud sponsor of the 2015 WIAA State Basketball Tournament.
The Girls State Basketball tournament kicks off March 12-14 at Green Bay’s Resch Center, and the Boys State Basketball tournament is March 19-20 at Madison’s Kohl Center. These tournaments are the culmination of a season of hard work and intense physical activity.
Did you know that oral and overall health are closely linked? Increase your physical activity to improve your smile. Your body’s systems work as a team. Athletes who maintain a healthy weight and exercise on a regular basis are less likely to develop gum disease.
4 tips to keep your oral health and fitness game in winning condition:
1. Set realistic weekly workout goals. Keep a chart to track your progress, and reward yourself for reaching your fitness goals.
2. Hit the gym with a fitness buddy. A partner is also great for talking you out of that donut. Encourage one another to take classes at the gym or go for a de-stressing walk .
3. Control your inner cookie monster. If unhealthy foods aren’t around, you’re less likely to indulge in sweets. Replace junk food with healthy fruits and veggies that are tooth-friendly (and delicious).
4. Combine fitness and your toothbrush routine. While brushing, dance or do a 2-minute wall-sit.
Small steps can have a big impact on your oral and overall health. Work these changes into your day to live a healthier life, and make sure to cheer on all your favorite athletes at the 2015 State Basketball Championship!
Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings that protect against plaque. Applied to back teeth, sealants fill and … Read More
Many parents have questions when it comes to the need for braces and orthodontic care for their … Read More
Clean teeth and superior dental health are obvious benefits for children receiving regular dental check-ups. However, when … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes