Give Thanks for Cranberries
‘Tis the season for some of our favorite holiday foods — and cranberries definitely make the list. Especially for Wisconsinites since we lead the nation in cranberry production with more than 60 percent of country’s crop being harvested right here in our state.
Cranberries are powerful berries that offer a variety of health benefits and may be good for your smile. It’s no wonder why this refreshing and tart berry will make an appearance in several dishes this time of year, including sauces, baked goods and many other holiday favorites.
Serving fresh cranberries or a homemade cranberry sauce made with a sugar substitute is a good way to get a serving of the berries onto your table. Whether you make cranberry sauce yourself or buy the canned version, avoid sauces loaded with sugar.
Now that your taste buds are watering, you might be wondering where you can buy products made with real Wisconsin cranberries.
RECIPE: Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
• 1 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen Wisconsin cranberries
• Sugar substitute equal to 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
• ¼ teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir often. When the cranberries “pop,” the sauce will thicken. Cook until it reaches your preferred consistency, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Family, fellowship, and food are just a few of the reasons why we love Thanksgiving. When the … Read More
Get insurance organized now for a stress-free year. 1. Make a checklist. Start with the basics — … Read More
What would a tropical drink be without these decorative devices? Other than the 24 hours following tooth … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 8 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 9 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 10 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes