Creative Activities for Children’s Dental Health Month
Tell your kiddos to show off their smiles — February is National Children’s Dental Health Month.
Did you know the average child smiles 400 times a day? With so much grinning going around, your little one should be proud to display their pearly whites!
Educating children about the importance of oral care is key to a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
Whether you’re a dental professional, a parent, or a teacher, we want you to help spread the message of good dental health. To help you get started, here are two kid-themed activities.
This activity gives youngsters a hands-on dental lesson. Start by “brushing the teeth” using the white paint, toothbrush, and egg carton. Once the paint is dry, it’s time to floss! Work with your tot to place “plaque” (moldable dough) in between each egg carton crack. Then use the floss to remove the dough from each tooth.
A Mouthy Mix-Up
Teach your little one how to maintain a healthy mouth. Work with your child to unscramble the words and find out what makes an extra-sparkly smile.
For more creative ways to get kids excited about their pearly whites, check out the Original Tooth Fairy Poll.
Dual Coverage: Coverage Under More Than One Dental Plan It’s not uncommon for people to have coverage … Read More
It’s common knowledge that regular exercise is a key component to a healthy lifestyle. Here’s another reason … Read More
Oral health policy is dynamic. Whether or not it changes depends on many factors—including a new President. … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes