Celebrate World Oral Health Day
Every year on March 20, more than 100 countries unite for World Oral Health Day to celebrate the importance of good oral hygiene.
The 2016 theme “It all starts here. Healthy mouth. Healthy body,” acknowledges that good oral health affects more than just your smile. In fact, more than 120 diseases, including diabetes, HIV, psoriasis, leukemia and systemic lupus all have symptoms that appear in the mouth. 
And it goes even further than that. Some oral health problems are correlated with overall health problems. For example, people with diabetes are more susceptible to gum disease, often developing it earlier in life and more severely than their non-diabetic counterparts. 
The good news is that access to preventive dental care results in improved oral health and overall health.  That’s because regular checkups can help your dentist identify these diseases and conditions early – and early detection often results in a better outcome both physically and financially.
So, if you’re overdue for a regular exam, March is the perfect time to celebrate your oral health and overall health by making a dental appointment today.
April 12th-18th is National Library Week. This year’s theme is, “unlimited possibilities at your library.” Grab your … Read More
A thorough dental routine can help prevent expensive dental procedures, but sometimes, dental care can be costly. … Read More
Holiday lights are not flickering as bright and post-holiday blues may be setting in, but stick with … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 6 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 8 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 9 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 10 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments