4 Ways to Nail School Picture Day
The school year is underway. New haircuts and freshly pressed clothes fill the halls. It must be that time again — picture day!
Closed eyes, forced smile, squinty face — these are all familiar photography faux pas. Skip the smile skepticism! With minimal coaching and a pinch of parental prep, your child’s “say cheese” can be accident-free:
1. Keep outfits simple.
Picture day ensembles should be comfy, simple, and of course — something they love. Light colors favor darker complexions while dark colors favor lighter complexions. Try to keep patterns to a minimum. Lastly, remember to pack an extra outfit in case of (clothing) emergency.
2. Pack “safe” lunches.
Picture day times can be unpredictable. Time slots may fall after lunchtime — pack a meal that’s tooth-healthy and mess-free. Here are some lunchbox tips to get you started.
3. Prep, don’t pose!
It’s difficult to smile on command, especially for kiddos. Take some practice snapshots at home. Don’t force stiff, unnatural poses. Give kids posture freedom and their smile will be picture-perfect.
4. Embrace the imperfections.
Did the Tooth Fairy visit your house over the summer? Whether it’s a toothless grin or a mouth full of metal, encourage children to embrace their smile style. After all, it’s what makes them unique!
Now that your family is picture day-prepared, it’s time for school snapshots to take center stage!
What is your most memorable picture day moment? Entertain us below!
Delta Dental of Wisconsin is all smiles this summer – Special Olympics Wisconsin is back and ready … Read More
The Tooth Fairy is notorious for sprinkling her fairy dust on pillows, taking baby teeth, and leaving … Read More
You’re probably wondering how to keep the party fun for the kids, and low-stress for you. The … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments