4 Things to Know Before You Get a Second Opinion
A serious diagnosis. High treatment costs. These are examples of times when you may want a second opinion about your most recent dental visit.
Regardless of the reason, when it comes to your smile, you’re entitled to the best dental care possible. If you’re thinking of getting a second opinion, follow these four steps before you schedule that second appointment:
1. Contact your insurance company.
2. Ask your dentist for recommendations.
Depending on the severity of your diagnosis, your dentist may suggest a dental specialist over another general practitioner. Check your benefits information to see if your plan requires pre-authorization.
Pro-tip: Choosing an in-network dentist for your second consultation can help alleviate costs for potential restorative care.
3. Assess all options.
Complex dental diagnoses sometimes have more than one treatment plan. It’s important to evaluate all your alternatives in order to find the best treatment for you. In addition to your primary dentist, ask your personal contacts or local dental society for referrals.
4. Bring copies of your records.
Ask for copies of your X-rays, lab test results and charting records to bring along to your consultation. These may reduce or eliminate the need for additional tests or radiographs.
When it comes to your oral and overall health, you have choices. Contact us today if you have any questions.
Family, fellowship, and food are just a few of the reasons why we love Thanksgiving. When the … Read More
Like most babies, your little one probably finds comfort in a pacifier or binky or sucking a … Read More
74% of Americans cite Mexican as their favorite cuisine. This Americanized favorite doesn’t have to be so … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 6 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 8 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 9 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 10 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments