3 Ways to Reinvent the Tooth Fairy
The Tooth Fairy is notorious for sprinkling her fairy dust on pillows, taking baby teeth, and leaving a few dollars behind.
But times have changed, and our favorite fluttering fairy has more tricks up her sleeve. The Tooth Fairy can also be an extra magical force in your household to help encourage positive oral health habits. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Magical Books
Mix colorful books with positive dental health messages for the best of both worlds. Not to mention bedtime stories and brushing go hand-and-hand and help create a consistent nighttime routine that will help children understand and learn to expect what comes next. It may also help ease the stress that some families experience at bedtime. Next time a tooth is lost, leave a small story under the pillow. Here are a few of our favorite fairy (and dental health) books.
2. Sparkling Notes
Make that small smile sparkle—let your child know the Tooth Fairy cares. Leave a fairy special note explaining why she visited and left a reward for healthy teeth.
3. Toothy Trinkets
Another alternative instead of leaving money under the pillow, consider a smile-inspired surprise to improve your child’s oral health habits. Buy a toothbrush that includes a light-up-brush timer, an electric toothbrush featuring a favorite character, or some sparkly stickers to place on their brushing and flossing chart.
Dental-themed gifts can help instill healthy habits for a lifetime of smiles!
Like most babies, your little one probably finds comfort in a pacifier or binky or sucking a … Read More
In 1973, cosmonaut Yuri Romanenko developed a toothache while on a 96-day mission to the International Space … Read More
No one hopes for a dental emergency, but it can and does happen. Plan ahead for the … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes