3 Ways to Reinvent the Tooth Fairy
The Tooth Fairy is notorious for sprinkling her fairy dust on pillows, taking baby teeth, and leaving a few dollars behind.
But times have changed, and our favorite fluttering fairy has more tricks up her sleeve. The Tooth Fairy can also be an extra magical force in your household to help encourage positive oral health habits. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Magical Books
Mix colorful books with positive dental health messages for the best of both worlds. Not to mention bedtime stories and brushing go hand-and-hand and help create a consistent nighttime routine that will help children understand and learn to expect what comes next. It may also help ease the stress that some families experience at bedtime. Next time a tooth is lost, leave a small story under the pillow. Here are a few of our favorite fairy (and dental health) books.
2. Sparkling Notes
Make that small smile sparkle—let your child know the Tooth Fairy cares. Leave a fairy special note explaining why she visited and left a reward for healthy teeth.
3. Toothy Trinkets
Another alternative instead of leaving money under the pillow, consider a smile-inspired surprise to improve your child’s oral health habits. Buy a toothbrush that includes a light-up-brush timer, an electric toothbrush featuring a favorite character, or some sparkly stickers to place on their brushing and flossing chart.
Dental-themed gifts can help instill healthy habits for a lifetime of smiles!
June is bustling, filled to the brim with some of our favorite holidays: National Smile Month, Men’s … Read More
A healthy diet is key for oral and overall health. But for many older Americans, access to … Read More
Getting to the dentist can be hard enough. From taking time off of work to scheduling follow-up … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 2 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 3 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 4 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 5 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 6 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 7 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 8 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 9 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 10 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes