3 Money-Saving Ways to Keep Young Smiles Healthy
Your child’s smile is priceless. But the cost to keep that smile healthy can be a considerable expense for your family budget. On average, dental costs make up 20% of a child’s total health expenses.
1. Treat baby teeth like grownup teeth.
Just because we lose our baby teeth doesn’t mean they should be neglected. Tooth decay in baby teeth affects permanent teeth, creating the potential for future (and more expensive) dental problems. Kids should see the dentist as early as age one and parents should help establish a consistent tooth care routine for their children.
2. Invest in preventive care.
You have to spend money to save money! The national average for a child’s dental checkup is $61 without insurance. Meanwhile, the average cavity treatment costs $139.
Parents may also consider sealants for their child, which protect against cavities and can prevent future restorative costs.
Most insurance plans cover preventive services. Learn what option is best for you and your family.
3. Use your insurance.
Dental insurance is designed to save you money. Visit a Dental Dental PPO provider to get the most bang for your buck.
Allocating your time and insurance resources for your child’s smile is a worthwhile investment.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner! If you are still searching for the perfect gift to … Read More
While many adults loathe blowing out birthday candles each year, we think you should embrace your age. … Read More
Floss is making headlines, but not in the way we hoped. By now you’ve heard about the … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes