Using Dental Benefits Out-of-State: A Go-To Guide
Thanksgiving marks the unofficial start of the holiday season, as well as the busiest travel time of the year. If you’re one of the many Americans traveling to spend time with loved ones, you’re probably already in the planning mode.
No matter how much preparation goes into your travel plans, unexpected things can happen. Expect the unexpected – learn how to handle common dental emergencies (hyperlink text “handle common dental emergencies” instead of using “click here”).
What about your dental benefits? How do they work when you’re far from home?
Fortunately, most Delta Dental plans allow you to visit a dentist anywhere within the 50 states and receive the same benefits you would receive at home. Make sure to check your dental benefit handbook carefully for exclusions on this policy.
With Delta Dental of Wisconsin, you can typically visit any licensed dentist. You will usually save money on out-of-pocket costs when you choose a Delta Dental PPO dentist. The Delta Dental Premier network, which includes more than 80% of dentists nationwide, also offers cost-saving features.
If you need to find a dentist while you’re on the road, visit deltadentalwi.com/provider-search/. Simply enter a zip code to see a list of Delta Dental dentists near you.
Our dental insurance series continues! Once you’ve mastered the basics through our 101 Infographic, you’re ready to … Read More
Nutritious food choices help lay the foundation for good oral health. But if you have young kids, … Read More
Did you know that Delta Dental of Wisconsin offers an easy way to check your patient’s benefits … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes