Using Dental Benefits Out-of-State: A Go-To Guide
Thanksgiving marks the unofficial start of the holiday season, as well as the busiest travel time of the year. If you’re one of the many Americans traveling to spend time with loved ones, you’re probably already in the planning mode.
No matter how much preparation goes into your travel plans, unexpected things can happen. Expect the unexpected – learn how to handle common dental emergencies (hyperlink text “handle common dental emergencies” instead of using “click here”).
What about your dental benefits? How do they work when you’re far from home?
Fortunately, most Delta Dental plans allow you to visit a dentist anywhere within the 50 states and receive the same benefits you would receive at home. Make sure to check your dental benefit handbook carefully for exclusions on this policy.
With Delta Dental of Wisconsin, you can typically visit any licensed dentist. You will usually save money on out-of-pocket costs when you choose a Delta Dental PPO dentist. The Delta Dental Premier network, which includes more than 80% of dentists nationwide, also offers cost-saving features.
If you need to find a dentist while you’re on the road, visit deltadentalwi.com/provider-search/. Simply enter a zip code to see a list of Delta Dental dentists near you.
All eyes will be on the Summer Olympics in Rio this August. In addition to checking out … Read More
With dinners, cocktail hours, company celebrations and family gatherings on the calendar this time of year, there … Read More
Tooth decay is an epidemic among children living in low-income households, due to a lack of accessible … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 6 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 8 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 9 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 10 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments