The Perfect Mouthwash for You
Are you ready to ring in the New Year with a smooch from your sweetie? If you’re looking for that extra pop of minty freshness, consider a mouthwash.
There are dozens of mouthwashes on the market, all made to address different oral health conditions. With so many options, picking the perfect mouthwash can seem overwhelming. Our simple guide will help you find your mouthwash match.
Try an alcohol-free mouthwash. The champagne is flowing, but your mouth is the opposite. While alcohol works as a good antiseptic in mouthwash, it can worsen a dry mouth. A desert-like mouth lowers saliva production, which makes bad breath even worse.
Look for a fluoride mouthwash. Fluoride rinses have been proven to fight up to 50% more of the bacteria that cause cavities than rinses without it.
Ask your dentist to recommend a prescription mouthwash. He or she may prescribe a rinse containing chlorhexidine digluconate, a strong antiseptic. Chlorhexidine is most often used before or after oral surgery and for treating periodontal disease.
Mouthwash may make your mouth minty, but it’s only a temporary fix. Routine brushing and flossing are essential to a minty mouth.
Toast to a new year and a mouth full of cheer!
A thorough dental routine can help prevent expensive dental procedures, but sometimes, dental care can be costly. … Read More
Netflix was the birth of delivery-on-demand. Fast-forward to 2016 and you’ll find there’s a box subscription for … Read More
Erosion, decay, acid, damage. These were the words splashed across the Google results page after we searched, … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 6 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 8 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 9 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 10 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments