Teeth Brushing Basics
Brushing your teeth may seem simple, but many people do it incorrectly. Make sure you’re brushing properly with these simple steps:
1. Use the correct toothbrush and toothpaste
Start your routine with a soft, nylon toothbrush. Use a pea-sized amount of ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste.
2. Brush in big circles!
Move the toothbrush back and forth in short circular strokes. Pay special attention to the gum line (where the teeth and gums meet).
3. Use the right pressure
Hard brushing can damage your tooth enamel. Go easy on your teeth and gums by brushing gently.
4. Clean all surfaces of the teeth
Brush the cheek side, the tongue side, and the chewing surfaces of your teeth. Concentrate on the tongue side surfaces – studies show they’re often neglected.
5. Brush your tongue
This will remove plaque and other bacteria which can cause bad breath and encourage bacteria growth.
6. Sing a simple melody
Silently sing the A, B, C’s or Happy Birthday. Brush at least 2 times a day for 2 minutes.
By brushing properly, you can help keep your smile healthy and beautiful. Learn more about proper brushing by visiting the Delta Dental Oral Health Library here.
A wise frog once told us, “It’s not easy being green.” Well, no offense Kermit, but we … Read More
Netflix was the birth of delivery-on-demand. Fast-forward to 2016 and you’ll find there’s a box subscription for … Read More
When open enrollment discussions begin, a subject that may arise is whether or not you should enroll … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 6 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 8 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 9 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 10 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes