Stains, Stains, Go Away
With dinners, cocktail hours, company celebrations and family gatherings on the calendar this time of year, there are a lot of opportunities to sip on drinks that may stain your smile. Coffee, red wine, soda and tea are all culprits that may dull the whiteness of your teeth. Here are a few ways you can prevent stains from sticking to your smile.
Before you refill your glass of pinot or your cup of coffee, have a glass of water. Swishing it a little will help remove any remaining residue from your previous drink. Bonus: Extra H20 will help you stay hydrated, which is also good for your smile and your overall health.
You can also pop some sugar-free gum after you’re done drinking. Chewing gum produces extra saliva, which helps wash away residue and food particles. It’ll also freshen your breath, which you may need after coffee! If you can find gum with xylitol, that’s a great option — this sugar substitute may help suppress cavity-causing bacteria.
Brushing and flossing is always a must, but they’re even more important after an evening drinking any kind of tooth-staining drink, including coffee, red wine and punch.
Finally, be sure to get your teeth professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Your dentist will be able to remove stains before they get out of hand, or recommend a whitening treatment if desired.
Dual Coverage: Coverage Under More Than One Dental Plan It’s not uncommon for people to have coverage … Read More
Clean teeth and superior dental health are obvious benefits for children receiving regular dental check-ups. However, when … Read More
The Tooth Fairy is notorious for sprinkling her fairy dust on pillows, taking baby teeth, and leaving … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes