Shape Up and Smile: Three Workout Alternatives You Haven't Tried Yet
It’s common knowledge that regular exercise is a key component to a healthy lifestyle. Here’s another reason to sweat – your smile. A study with more than 12,000 participants observed the effects of exercise and healthy eating on dental health. Those who exercised and consumed a well-balanced diet consistently had healthier gums and fresher breath, compared to those didn’t.
You know by now that you should exercise. Then why do people still manage to make excuses to skip the gym?
One reason is boredom. If you find the typical gym regimen boring, don’t do things you dread. Try a workout replacement instead!
Here are three unique routines to pump you (and your interest level) up!
- Run a (dance) fever.
If running on the treadmill sounds worse than running your nails on a chalkboard, bust a move with this new body-boosting trend – treadmill dancing! Break out the beats and hip-hop your way to a healthier you! Get routine inspiration here.
- Kill two “chores” with one stone.
Many view a daily workout as a chore. Why not turn two tasks into one? Go for the housework burn! The more effort you put into cleaning, the more calories you’ll burn. One easy strategy is to alternate your housework between levels. For example, vacuum the basement carpet, and then make the bed upstairs. The constant stair climbing will ensure a spick and span sweat session.
- Cirque du sweat.
Trapeze workouts are soaring in popularity. There’s no wonder why – trapeze training focuses on multiple muscle groups at the same time. With more than 100 training schools in the U.S. alone, it’s easy to swing into the trapeze world.
Go ahead…skip the gym! Which exercise alternatives are you most excited to try?
Routine dental care improves both your oral health and your overall health. In fact, dentists can detect … Read More
Of the 6 billion people on the planet, 4.8 billion have a cell phone, while only 4.2 … Read More
Some items are easy to recycle: Old books make great additions to your local school. Hand-me-downs can … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes