Say Cheese - Your Teeth Will Love You For It
Today is National Cheese Lover’s Day! Did you know that there are more than 1,000 types of cheese? This melted gooey goodness pleases your taste buds, tummy, AND teeth.
Your teeth are made mostly of calcium, and without enough calcium in your diet, you risk developing tooth decay and other problems. Cheese is a natural source of calcium, a key nutrient for building and maintaining strong teeth and bones. Cheese also contains a protein that prevents bacteria from sticking to your teeth.
Most cheese varieties are great for your smile. Here are the best types for your teeth, as well as a few you should enjoy in moderation.
Take these words of wisdom – aged cheeses are a smart snack choice. Made with a semi-soft texture, aged cheeses lower the likelihood of tooth decay by cutting the acidity of your saliva.
Bacterial element cheeses, such as bleu cheese and Brie, are healthy standouts that break the mold. These cheeses are good for your dental health and contain probiotics – beneficial bacteria that can help your immune and digestive systems.
Take it Easy Cheeses
Enjoy processed cheeses in moderation. Most processed foods, including cheese, contain added sugar. When you regularly eat sugar-filled foods, tooth enamel can dissolve, thus increasing your chance for cavities. Always check food labels for sugar content.
Anything processed is nacho best cheese choice. However, in queso emergency: Use fresh ingredients to make your own healthy cheese dip.
You likely know that osteoporosis is a condition that makes bones prone to fracture as we age … Read More
Water is essential. It comprises 70% of the Earth’s surface, and without it, we wouldn’t exist. Every … Read More
Most dental plans have an annual dollar maximum. This doesn’t refer to the most that you will … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 6 Women’s Oral Health Timeline [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 3 Ways to Reverse Gum Disease 3 Likes
- 8 Why We Dig Gardening 3 Likes
- 9 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 10 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes