Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold
Through our renewed sponsorship with Packers Radio Network, for every Green Bay Packers sack, Delta Dental of Wisconsin will donate $100 to the Seal-A-Smile program to help Sack Plaque in Wisconsin schools during the 2016/2017 NFL season.
The Seal-A-Smile program is administered by Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin and provides oral health screenings, fluoride varnish, and sealants when necessary to elementary students around the state at no cost to their family at schools where 35% or more students are eligible for free and reduced meals.
A sealant is a protective coating placed on a molar tooth’s surface, which are most likely to get cavities. They can have a positive lifelong impact on children’s oral health, as 75% of sealed teeth remain cavity free, compared to less than one-third of teeth without sealants.
Delta Dental of Wisconsin jointly funds the state’s program alongside the Wisconsin Department of Health Services by providing a $350,000 grant each year. During the 2015/2016 NFL season, the Packers had 64 sacks, resulting in an additional $6400 donation to Seal-A-Smile.
The more we can do to help educate families about oral health and promote participation in Seal-A-Smile, the more children can benefit from the program.
So let’s hear it, “Go Pack Go and help us Sack Plaque!”
As proud fans of the green and gold, we are happy to give you an extra … Read More
When open enrollment discussions begin, a subject that may arise is whether or not you should enroll … Read More
At a routine checkup, dentists can spot a lot more than just cavities. In fact, your dentist … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 2 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 3 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 4 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 5 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 6 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 7 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 8 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 9 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 10 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes