One Rule No One Should Break
Sending little ones to bed without brushing may not seem like a big deal, but cavities are nearly 100% preventable which is why brushing twice a day is so important.
Dental care should start at age 1. Even though baby teeth fall out, bacteria stays put.
1. Too many kids skip.
Kids would rather finish their vegetables than brush their teeth. And more than 30% of parents said their children had to miss school because of an oral health problem. So every brushing counts.
2. Kids need help.
Small children lack the dexterity to reach every pearly white. As exciting as it is to see little ones assert their independence, most need help brushing properly. A good rule of thumb: Children can brush on their own if they can tie their shoes. And don’t forget the floss! C-shaped flossers are kid-friendly and get the job done quickly.
3. Routines are good for kids.
Children behave best when they practice regular routines. A bedtime ritual, including brushing and flossing, calms the body and helps set the stage for sleep.
Be sure to inform grandparents, sitters, and other childcare providers about your brushing and flossing routine. This way you know your child’s teeth are taken care of even when you’re gone because we all need a break once in a while!
If dental benefit terms confuse you, you’re not alone. A 2013 survey found that 51 percent of … Read More
With the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics right around the corner, athletes all over the world are … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 2 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 3 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 4 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 5 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 6 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 7 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 8 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 9 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 10 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes