Navigate the Medicare Dental Dilemma
Emotions run high for pre-retirees. While the thought of retirement can be exciting because it means no more work, it can also be daunting for those who lose benefits.
Medicare doesn’t cover dental procedures, care, or devices. Medicare will only cover it if it’s required as part of an overarching medical treatment or procedure.
Here are three ways to be proactive about your dental care before you retire:
1. Complete your care now.
Neglecting dental care now can lead to larger health issues down the road. Many medical emergencies happen unexpectedly. Fortunately, you can help control your dental health. Brush and floss daily and see the dentist for regular checkups.
2. Consider alternatives.
Though Medicare doesn’t cover dental, there are other options. Medicare Advantage plans typically offer hearing, vision, and dental coverage. These plans aren’t right for everyone, so look at your state’s offerings to see what’s best for you. Or consider a standalone dental plan that will provide additional insurance coverage.
3. Develop a plan.
Less than one in six pre-retirees have ever attempted to estimate healthcare costs during retirement, according to a report by Merrill Lynch. Developing a budget will help you plan ahead and determine which dental plan is best suited for your needs. If you feel stretched beyond your means, add these low-cost dental resources to your list.
Plan now for a stress-free and healthy retirement.
If you were asked to choose between a healthy smile and a tooth-decayed grimace, which one would … Read More
Thanksgiving marks the unofficial start of the holiday season, as well as the busiest travel time of … Read More
From steps to words, there are so many “firsts” for new parents to look forward to—including baby’s … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments