Navigate the Medicare Dental Dilemma
Emotions run high for pre-retirees. While the thought of retirement can be exciting because it means no more work, it can also be daunting for those who lose benefits.
Medicare doesn’t cover dental procedures, care, or devices. Medicare will only cover it if it’s required as part of an overarching medical treatment or procedure.
Here are three ways to be proactive about your dental care before you retire:
1. Complete your care now.
Neglecting dental care now can lead to larger health issues down the road. Many medical emergencies happen unexpectedly. Fortunately, you can help control your dental health. Brush and floss daily and see the dentist for regular checkups.
2. Consider alternatives.
Though Medicare doesn’t cover dental, there are other options. Medicare Advantage plans typically offer hearing, vision, and dental coverage. These plans aren’t right for everyone, so look at your state’s offerings to see what’s best for you. Or consider a standalone dental plan that will provide additional insurance coverage.
3. Develop a plan.
Less than one in six pre-retirees have ever attempted to estimate healthcare costs during retirement, according to a report by Merrill Lynch. Developing a budget will help you plan ahead and determine which dental plan is best suited for your needs. If you feel stretched beyond your means, add these low-cost dental resources to your list.
Plan now for a stress-free and healthy retirement.
Teeth whitening is a multibillion-dollar business. While whitening agents are effective and safe in moderation, they’re not … Read More
You may be searching for every possible write-off possible this tax season. And if you were healthy … Read More
Get the facts about your oral health by subscribing to our blog! Teeth. What more is there … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes