Make Time for Break Time: Lunchbox Ideas for Work
Catching up on emails. Taking personal calls. Surfing the web. According to Americans, these are all reasons for skipping lunch at the office.
More than two in five report taking a lunch break that’s 30 minutes or less and 29% work through their lunch break entirely.
March is National Nutrition Month and also the perfect time to get your lunch game back on top. Eating lunch is necessary for your health (and sanity).
But what do you pack in your grown-up lunchbox? For starters, your meal should contain at least two of the following food groups:
• Lean protein
• Complex carbohydrates
• Low-fat or nonfat dairy
These foods groups are essential for your oral health and overall health.
Try one of these three easy lunches — no culinary expertise required!
1. Zesty Shrimp and Black Bean Salad
• Shrimp and black beans (for protein)
• Bell Pepper and cherry tomatoes (eat those veggies!)
• Whole wheat tortilla (for complex carbohydrates)
2. Watermelon Gazpacho
• Watermelon (are you getting enough fruit?)
• Feta – (dairy is great for oral health!)
3. Asian Chopped Kale Salad
• Edamame and avocado (for protein)
• Kale, snow peas (eat those veggies!)
In case of emergency, stash some of these smart snacks in your office drawer:
• Whole grain crackers
• Peanut butter
• Apples and bananas
Hopefully now you won’t think twice about skipping meal #2. A nutrient-rich lunch is sure to keep you smiling wide until dinnertime.
Between the thrills and fears, hockey parents’ feelings go head-to-head. From the excitement of a slap shot … Read More
Water is essential. It comprises 70% of the Earth’s surface, and without it, we wouldn’t exist. Every … Read More
Most dental plans have an annual dollar maximum. This doesn’t refer to the most that you will … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes