A Love Letter to Straws
What would a tropical drink be without these decorative devices? Other than the 24 hours following tooth removal, we don’t see any reason to skip on straws.
Here’s why we love them:
• Straws keep cavities out.
When beverages high in sugar or acidity touch your teeth, the resulting bacteria can cause cavities, enamel erosion, and other dental issues. Even if you never drink soda, acid can hide in healthy places like sparkling water and Kombucha. Straws act as a teeth tunnel, limiting liquid contact. For optimal protection, make sure to position your straw towards the back of your mouth.
• Straws never throw shade.
• Straws appreciate your sensitive side.
The modern drinking straw was invented to get cold drinks past sensitive teeth. And its original use still holds true today. Tooth enamel can wear down, causing exposed dentin. That exposed dentin is sensitive to icy shakes and piping hot chocolate. And dentin makes your smile super sensitive to pain—especially temperature.
• Straws don’t have to be wasteful.
The environment draws the short straw with wasteful plastic versions. Consider an eco-friendly, reusable option like acrylic or glass. Recyclable paper straws are making a comeback too. And hay—there’s even a straw made out of straw.
Drink with a straw and your smile will win.
Many young children go through a stage where they become extremely choosy about what they eat. Though … Read More
You know it’s important to brush, floss, and eat healthy. But did you also know regular visits … Read More
Quality dental care is essential for a child’s well-being. Research shows cavities are the single most common … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 6 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 7 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 8 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 9 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes
- 10 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments