Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy
Once the costumes are tucked away, there always seems to be something scary left at the house.
Piles of candy.
Don’t turn your leftover candy into Halloween hoarding! Here’s how to use every last piece:
Halloween treats and teeth aren’t exactly BFFs. However, you can celebrate the occasional sweet splurge (as long as you brush afterward)! Grab your apron and your kiddos’ leftover chocolate — it’s time to whip up a decadent dessert!
Why chocolate? Not only is chocolate delicious, it’s one of the least harmful sweets for your teeth. It can be eaten easily and dissolves quickly in the mouth, which decreases the amount of time that the sugar stays in contact with teeth.
After you celebrate Halloween, it’s time to go from monsters to masterpieces! Make a candy mosaic or edible jewelry. Any candy with a colored coating makes the perfect paint. Dip pieces into small bowls of water and then swirl on paper. Trust us — the memories are worth the mess!
Get a head start on holiday spirit! Your household candy can bring a smile to someone nearby or halfway across the world.
Many charities encourage donations of any kind, including candy! Donate candy to a local shelter or soup kitchen. Find a charity near you.
Trick or teach? Both! Use treats to teach and kids won’t even notice they’re learning!
Younger kids can practice patterns, counting, and colors. Encourage little ones to sort candy by color or shape — the possibilities are endless!
More experienced trick-or-treaters can brush up on their math skills. Get started with this candy math worksheet.
Now that you’re not up to your ears in candy corn, which ideas are you most excited to try?
Netflix was the birth of delivery-on-demand. Fast-forward to 2016 and you’ll find there’s a box subscription for … Read More
With the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics right around the corner, athletes all over the world are … Read More
School is out for summer! From family road trips to sports and sleepovers, kids have the freedom … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 2 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 3 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 4 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 5 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 6 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 7 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 8 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 9 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 10 4 Healthy Habits That Qualify for Tax Deductions 3 Likes