Holiday Sweets and Your Smile
Are visions of sugarplums dancing in your head this December? We don’t blame you! With so many holiday goodies and gatherings, it’s hard to keep your sweet tooth under control.
Sticky foods = icky teeth
The stickier the food, the less likely it is to be washed away by saliva. Holiday favorites such as fruitcake, caramels, and peanut brittle can stick to teeth and cause acid to be produced by the bacteria in your mouth. This acid eats away at your tooth enamel and can cause cavities and other oral health problems.
Eat sweets with a meal
Drink more H2O
Drinking water can help prevent tooth decay and rinse away food particles.
Remember to brush and floss regularly for a seasonal smile that lasts all year long!
We know that insurance can be awfully confusing. So, to make sure you’re getting the most out … Read More
Cannonball! From workouts to water slides, pools provide endless hours of splashes and smiles. It’s no secret … Read More
At Delta Dental of Wisconsin (DDWI), it’s our mission to improve oral health and wellness, and we … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes