A Guide to Your Baby’s First Teeth [INFOGRAPHIC]
From steps to words, there are so many “firsts” for new parents to look forward to—including baby’s first tooth. Here’s a guide as their grins grow:
As baby teeth develop, keep these tips in mind:
• Cleaning baby teeth is different than cleaning baby gums. You will want to upgrade from a damp washcloth to a soft toothbrush. Once your baby’s teeth begin to arrive, you can use fluoridated toothpaste, but keep the amount to about the size of a rice grain. At age three, the amount of toothpaste can be increased to the size of a pea.
• Schedule their first dentist appointment by age one or within six months of their first tooth arriving.
• Baby teeth will stop growing around age three before adult teeth take their place. Refer to this guide for when that first tooth is lost.
Taking care of your baby’s teeth at home is an important step to laying the foundation for healthy adult teeth.
Sending little ones to bed without brushing may not seem like a big deal, but cavities are … Read More
Considering a career as a dental hygienist? As one of the fastest-growing jobs in America, there are … Read More
Tell your kiddos to show off their smiles — February is National Children’s Dental Health Month. Did … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments