Get Insurance Aware: 3 Benefits to Benefits
June is bustling, filled to the brim with some of our favorite holidays: National Smile Month, Men’s Health Month, Employee Wellness Month, and Father’s Day. Our favorite celebration this month is probably a day you’ve never heard of – National Insurance Awareness Day is June 28th.
Excited yet? Before you hit the back button on your browser, take a few minutes to become informed about insurance.
Why you should literally put your money where your mouth is:
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Most types of policies, like health insurance or car insurance, focus on the worst-case scenario. It’s hard to imagine your auto insurance covering routine maintenance, such as an oil change.
Contrarily, dental plans focus on preventive care. Here’s why: most dental problems and diseases are nearly 100% preventable. Regular check-ups allow your dentist to check for early signs of more serious problems. Finally, it’s important to remember that at-home oral hygiene habits are just as important as regular check-ups.
Anything can happen.
While it’s true dental insurance focuses on preventive services, emergencies can happen. You never know when a chipped tooth will occur. There are many types of dental plans to fit you, your lifestyle, and your budget.
A penny saved is a penny earned.
Would you rather pay $125 for a dental cleaning or $0? We’re fairly confident we can guess your answer. Many dental plans encourage preventive care by covering 100% of the costs of dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, sealants, and fluoride treatments. Check your dental plan for benefit details.
Pat yourself on the back – you’re officially dental insurance aware!
The enamel on your teeth is one of the hardest substances in your body. But that doesn’t … Read More
We know that insurance can be awfully confusing. So, to make sure you’re getting the most out … Read More
Get the facts about your oral health by subscribing to our blog! Teeth. What more is there … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes