Dental Coverage for the Self-Employed
We live in an age of entrepreneurial innovation. Professionals are passing on corporate life and becoming their own bosses. Today, freelancers, the self-employed, and contract workers account for 30% of the national workforce, and that number is expected to increase to 40% by 2020.
Working outside the box means accounting for every last detail, including dental insurance. Whether you do freelance travel photography, driving passengers in your car or own your own business, take these three steps when considering dental coverage:
1. Evaluate your needs
Will your family experience a dynamic change? Do you have a health condition that may require more dental attention? Factor in every scenario to choose the best coverage for your lifestyle.
Remember: even if you have never had a cavity, dental coverage is always a good idea.
2. Consider all costs
When you’re self-employed, dental coverage affects your bottom line. Be sure to do your research before you choose an insurance provider:
• How much does it cost per a month?
• Is there a deductible?
• What’s the waiting period?
Remember: In the long run, paying out-of-pocket could end up costing you more than having coverage in the first place.
3. Research alternatives
Your dental plan should match your lifestyle. Here are some alternative options for coverage:
• Savings Accounts – MSAs, HSAs and FSAs are good options to help save up for dental or health care. They work like a savings account for dental and health expenses.
• Government Assistance – Depending on your circumstance, you could qualify for certain low-cost programs.
Have questions? Tweet your questions to @DeltaDentalWI.
When it comes to dental cleanings, you probably know what to expect. If you were to put … Read More
Whether it’s ham, hens, or good ol’ fashioned turkey, meat shines as the holiday table showstopper. Not … Read More
As proud fans of the green and gold, we are happy to give you an extra … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments