How Are Dental Claims Handled?
If you visit a Delta Dental network dentist, you won’t have to submit any paperwork – your dentist will submit a claim directly to Delta Dental of Wisconsin on your behalf after your dental appointment.
On the other hand, if you visit an out-of-network dentist, you may have to submit your own dental claim to us. In this case, you can download a claim form and find more information about how to submit a claim by logging into your account on our Member Connection. If you don’t have an account, you can also register for one. Usually, claims can be emailed, faxed, mailed, and in some cases, submitted online.
After your claim is received, we will review the paperwork to verify if:
- you are eligible for coverage;
- the services you received are covered by your dental plan;
- your dentist is in-network or out-of-network; and
- all necessary documentation is included to process the claim (e.g., X-rays).
Once the claim is reviewed, we will notify you or your dentist if further information is needed. If not, claims are typically processed within five business days, depending on your specific plan. After the claim is processed, we will pay in-network dentists directly. If you submitted the claim, you will be reimbursed and will pay your dentist.
You can check the status of a claim and find information about past claims for up to 18 months by logging into your member account.
A thorough dental routine can help prevent expensive dental procedures, but sometimes, dental care can be costly. … Read More
Picture perfect days call for outdoor time. Time to slap on the sunscreen! Surprisingly, 63% of sunscreen … Read More
A serious diagnosis. High treatment costs. These are examples of times when you may want a second … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments