Bye-Bye Baby Teeth: A Loose Tooth Guide
From first wiggles to gap-toothed giggles, losing teeth is a mouth’s coming-of-age story. Baby teeth falling out means your little one is growing up. It’s been awhile since you put a tooth under your pillow for the Tooth Fairy — what can you expect this time around? Let us refresh your memory:
• The loose tooth journey: Three’s a charm when it comes to the age you should expect to see that full set of baby teeth. Early teethers tend to be early losers, but it’s impossible to pinpoint exact age. Usually the first tooth will fall out around age 6 and the remaining baby teeth will continue to be lost over the next few years.
• Loose tooth food choices: To reduce your child’s pain and wiggle time, serve soups, puréed veggies and other foods that require minimal chewing.
• When a loose tooth lingers: Give it time. If the tooth is loose enough, grasp it firmly using a tissue. Pull upwards and give it a sharp twist. Don’t panic when you see blood — a little bleeding in the area is normal.
• From loose tooth to celebration: Once the tooth falls out, the fairy flies in! Teach your kids about Tooth Fairy traditions and celebrate accordingly. Need a gift guideline? The current rate for a tooth is $4.36, according to the National Tooth Fairy Poll. Tell your child the Tooth Fairy favors healthy teeth, so it’s important he or she keep their smile in shape.
Your baby is growing up, so remember to treasure all the toothless memories!
Through our renewed sponsorship with Packers Radio Network, for every Green Bay Packers sack, Delta Dental of … Read More
Do you have a dental visit scheduled for 2015? Kudos for planning ahead! If your coverage changed … Read More
No matter how hard we try, we just can’t seem to quit the sweet stuff. In fact, … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes