Bye-Bye Baby Teeth: A Loose Tooth Guide
From first wiggles to gap-toothed giggles, losing teeth is a mouth’s coming-of-age story. Baby teeth falling out means your little one is growing up. It’s been awhile since you put a tooth under your pillow for the Tooth Fairy — what can you expect this time around? Let us refresh your memory:
• The loose tooth journey: Three’s a charm when it comes to the age you should expect to see that full set of baby teeth. Early teethers tend to be early losers, but it’s impossible to pinpoint exact age. Usually the first tooth will fall out around age 6 and the remaining baby teeth will continue to be lost over the next few years.
• Loose tooth food choices: To reduce your child’s pain and wiggle time, serve soups, puréed veggies and other foods that require minimal chewing.
• When a loose tooth lingers: Give it time. If the tooth is loose enough, grasp it firmly using a tissue. Pull upwards and give it a sharp twist. Don’t panic when you see blood — a little bleeding in the area is normal.
• From loose tooth to celebration: Once the tooth falls out, the fairy flies in! Teach your kids about Tooth Fairy traditions and celebrate accordingly. Need a gift guideline? The current rate for a tooth is $4.36, according to the National Tooth Fairy Poll. Tell your child the Tooth Fairy favors healthy teeth, so it’s important he or she keep their smile in shape.
Your baby is growing up, so remember to treasure all the toothless memories!
Between the thrills and fears, hockey parents’ feelings go head-to-head. From the excitement of a slap shot … Read More
Tooth decay is an epidemic among children living in low-income households, due to a lack of accessible … Read More
Take a few minutes and help us honor National Smile Month by looking back at smiles and … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments