All in Good Taste: The White Teeth Diet
Teeth whitening is a multibillion-dollar business. While whitening agents are effective and safe in moderation, they’re not for everyone. Many individuals with sensitive teeth or previous restorations are forced to forego bleaching.
If bleaching isn’t for you, whiten and brighten with something you already do—eating. What you eat can help (or hurt) your teeth. These foods can complement an already top-notch teeth care routine.
Don’t let their cardinal color confuse you—strawberries contain malic acid, an astringent that removes tooth discoloration on the surface.
Crunchy veggies like celery do wonders for your waistline and your gum line. These fiber-rich foods stimulate saliva, which helps wash away food debris. Try switching up celery with broccoli, carrots, or cauliflower—these vegetables deliver many of the same benefits.
• Dairy – there is plenty to go around in Wisconsin!
Low-fat milk, yogurts and cheeses are all white smile superstars. In addition to tooth-strengthening calcium, dairy contains lactic acid. This acid fights decay and acts as a shield to harmful bacteria.
Flaxseed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, the most potent anti-inflammatory nutrient. And foods that reduce inflammation may protect against gum disease. Mix flax into muffins or your morning smoothie.
• And in moderation, gum(s)
Sugarless gum can also help your smile. Gum promotes saliva production, which rinses your mouth while freshening your breath. Look for gum with sugar-free sweeteners like xylitol, a natural sweetener that helps prevent decay-forming bacteria from doing damage.
Once the costumes are tucked away, there always seems to be something scary left at the house. … Read More
With the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics right around the corner, athletes all over the world are … Read More
A thorough dental routine can help prevent expensive dental procedures, but sometimes, dental care can be costly. … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments