A Parent’s Guide to the Perfect Slumber Party: Tooth-friendly tips to ensure smiles all around
You’re probably wondering how to keep the party fun for the kids, and low-stress for you. The answer is easy: Have a plan! As a parent, we’re sure you already know — kids do better with a routine.
Here are 3 plan-ahead DIYs to get the party started:
Head to your local budget store and pick out sleepover-themed trinkets. Write each guest’s name on a bucket to make them feel extra-special. Slip stickers, lip balm and dental items into each favor bundle. Why? Toothbrushes are forgotten most at sleepovers, according to experts.
Unhealthy snacks are a slumber party staple. Spice up your sleepover with a healthy, easy-to-please alternative: Pint-sized pizzas!
Start with mini, thin-crust pizza rounds (most stores even make whole grain versions!). Then let little chefs pick their favorite ingredients. Healthy options include:
• Low-fat cheeses
• Lean turkey
Selfies and sleepovers go together like PJs and popcorn. Hang fabric for a funky photo wall. Print out our templates (below) so slumber partygoers can DIY photo booth props. Get creative — markers, feathers, and sequins make for extra flare.
It’s fine to bend bedtime rules a little, just make sure little ones get at least 8 hours of shut-eye.
Water is essential. It comprises 70% of the Earth’s surface, and without it, we wouldn’t exist. Every … Read More
No one hopes for a dental emergency, but it can and does happen. Plan ahead for the … Read More
74% of Americans cite Mexican as their favorite cuisine. This Americanized favorite doesn’t have to be so … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments