5 Behaviors to Help You Age Gracefully
While many adults loathe blowing out birthday candles each year, we think you should embrace your age. There are many simple ways to age gracefully, and have fun while doing it.
1. Kick up your cardio.
Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week. Moderate exercise can include a fast walk, household chores, playing with your kids outside, or even taking the stairs at work. If you make an effort to staying active now, you’ll help keep your body feeling and looking great for years to come.
2. Brush up on oral health (literally).
To keep your mouthful of natural teeth in your golden years, you need to make the right moves now. You know you should brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once, but it’s also important to see your dentist on a regular basis. A dental visit involves a comprehensive checkup that extends beyond just your teeth. Dentists can screen for oral cancer, diabetes, and more.
3. Socialize with your network.
We all know it’s fun to hang out with our friends, but people who grow their social networks as they age have higher IQs and lower rates of dementia. Win-win!
4. Eat well and prosper.
Maintaining a healthy diet doesn’t have to be hard. For starters, follow the new plate recommended by the USDA. The food plate will help you understand which foods are better for you and which foods you should enjoy in moderation. In case you haven’t heard, a healthy diet is key to having a fit body. The healthier your body, the longer it will last.
5. Smile, gorgeous!
In addition to improving happiness, smiling may even prolong your life. A 2010 study of professional baseball players, conducted by researchers at Wayne State University, showed those who smiled genuinely in their 1952 Baseball Register pictures lived an average of 5 years longer than players who didn’t smile. This study provides some evidence that smiling is linked to people living longer.
Simple steps can help keep you simply sensational, no matter your age.
Hanging stockings by the fireplace is a beloved holiday tradition enjoyed all over the world. Here are … Read More
Family, fellowship, and food are just a few of the reasons why we love Thanksgiving. When the … Read More
Wedding bells are ringing. Whether you’re the bride to be or it’s your best friend’s big day, … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Sack Plaque is Back with the Green & Gold 3 Likes
- 6 Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Detection Can Start at the Dentist 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes