3 Tips for Summer Smiles
School is out for summer! From family road trips to sports and sleepovers, kids have the freedom to enjoy a much-needed vacation.
While it’s fine to slack off on school year structure, it’s important keep some systems in place. Help your family enjoy summer without sacrificing their smile
- Keep it consistent.
While they may try to convince you otherwise, kids do better with a routine. It’s fine to bend bedtime rules (it’s summer after all), just make sure you and your little ones are getting at least eight hours of shut-eye per night. Sleep is crucial to your mood, body, and smile.
Hold on to healthy habits like brushing and flossing. Let kids pick their favorite summer activities, not whether or not they brush their teeth. All it takes is two minutes, two times a day.
- Begin with a brush.
One of the best parts about summer is sleeping in sans snooze button. Unsurprisingly, teens sleep more during the summer than they do during the school year. As soon as you wake up from extended summer slumber, book it to the bathroom and put the pedal to the paste. Here’s why:
While you sleep, your mouth produces less saliva and dries out. That decrease in spit equals an increase in bacteria. So, once you wake, brush your teeth and tongue to get rid of the influx of nighttime bacteria.
- Make sweet swaps.
Snow cones, ice cream, and popsicles are just a few beloved summer delights. While we invite icy indulgences on occasion, sugary treats can be harsh to your teeth. Instead of shunning sweets all summer, why not give your favorites a makeover?
This summer let your worries go…not your dental routine. Enjoy your vacation!
Our mouths need professional cleanings. Plaque and tartar buildup happens over time, kind of like how a … Read More
Fraud not only drives up the cost of dental coverage for your patients, it can directly affect … Read More
The Tooth Fairy is an American tradition, but the ritual of kids exchanging teeth for some type … Read More
Sign Up Now
- 1 5 Hilarious Requests From Kids to the Tooth Fairy 6 Likes
- 2 4 Things You Need to Know About Wisdom Teeth 5 Likes
- 3 Safe Smiles for Young Bucks! 4 Likes
- 4 One Rule No One Should Break 4 Likes
- 5 Better off Friends: 3 Ways to Break Up with Your Sugar Addiction 3 Likes
- 6 Dental Insurance 102 [INFOGRAPHIC] 3 Likes
- 7 Move Aside, Turkey: 5 Sides that Steal the Show 3 Likes
- 8 How the Olympics are Making Athletes Champions of Oral Health 3 Likes
- 9 Dental Fellowship is a Plus for Wisconsin Residents 3 Likes
- 10 Leftover Candy Conundrum: What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy 3 Likes
- 1 Free Dental Clinics Help Wisconsinites Smile 4 Comments
- 2 Patients Unwilling to Switch Dentists Proved a Myth 2 Comments
- 3 Looking for a great quote? Check the details 2 Comments